Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 2 of my Transform 20 workout challenge and I'm already starting to see some results. It's really hard and I almost dread today's BURN workout. Let's just say SUNDAY FUNDAY was really fun. Today I went to see an orthopedic doctor to look at my right elbow and left wrist. I've been in such pain when lifting weights, James and anything else that's heavy. I received a cortisone shot in both, so hopefully I'll be feeling a little relief soon. My left foot slipped off the step on Saturday and cracked my bunion. Maybe not cracked but it is swollen and sore to walk on. I put duct tape around my sock on that foot so I could finish the workout. The Dr says I should try making fist to do burpees and pushups, so that's what I'll try today. I don't know if it's old age or what, but I never remember feeling hurt in so many areas at once. It's enough to discourage the average person, but I actually feel inspired to keep getting after it. What I've learned is that, there is always something you can do, to get the desired results. In 2007 I tore my acl - which I never repaired. I was so determined to lose weight for my 2008 wedding that I did cardio by sitting on a stability ball and punching with weights. Sounds crazy, but it worked. At least until the swelling and pain went away and I was able to resume my usual cardio sessions. Another reason why it's so important to food journal and eat clean. I lost 20 pounds with out using my legs in the first month. I hope that you push through whatever might be ailing you and go for the GUSTO anyway. I'll be back later to share my workout results. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: Today was hard. My heart rate got to uncomfortable level so I had to pause the tv a few times to catch my breath. BUT - I did better on all (3) transformers. Looking forward to tomorrow.

#transform20 #noexcuses #fitness #eatclean #goals #progressnotperfection

No comments: