Friday, January 4, 2019


Exercise to me is therapy and the way that I reward myself daily. YOU can actually lose weight without exercising at all,  by eating the right foods and quantities at the right time. The number one reason why I exercise daily is because it makes me feel better instantly. As soon as I start to sweat, my spirit, mind and emotions all switch to positive. Most days I workout in the morning and in the afternoon. My 30 minute cardio in the afternoon gives me a break from the kids and it's the way that I keep myself positive and focused. I truly believe I'm a better mom when I take that time in the afternoon to refresh. Taking care of a baby and a child with special needs is challenging and exhausting at times. Now that I make time for me daily and consistently, I feel less doomed, overwhelmed and trapped.

Yup, I said trapped. There was a long stretch where I didn't make time for exercise or self-care. I felt like Cinderella or the guy from "Ground Hog Day." I felt like all I did was wash dishes/bottles, clean surfaces, floors and pick up toys, OVER and OVER, AGAIN and AGAIN. I felt like I was making a sacrifice for my children, but that was all wrong. I lost myself and my healthy body in that mess.

I share this, to encourage you to TRY. Create the time whether its 20 minutes or 60 minutes to workout daily. Please believe me, YOU WILL FEEL BETTER about every single day of your life.

Go for it!

No comments: