Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Jessica Simpson Diet Secrets
Pop star Jessica Simpson started a new exercise routine to get in shape for her role as Daisy Duke and to prepare her to wear "Daisy Duke's" signature shorts in the upcoming Dukes of Hazzard movie. Her workout includes two hours a day of squats and lunges and has motivated her to create a new Courtesy of Warner workout video. "I have a white-girl bootie, so I'm doing all my squats to lift it a little bit and get some junk in my trunk," says Jessica.

When asked how she specifically prepared for the part as "Daisy Duke", Jessica said, "Immediately when I found out that I had the part, I thought it would be best to be able to have something to work towards or else I'll stick to my fried food and taco bell. To have something, a goal, is awesome; so I ate my last piece of chocolate cake when I found out and ever since then I've tried to cut sugar out of my diet except fruit. For the most part, I eat healthy and work out for two hours everyday. "

Jessica also revealed that she has waged a body-image battle for some time, but that the low-carb lifestyle was definitely not the right path for her. Simpson used to be on the Atkins diet. "Atkins really messed me up mentally. I was so starved for carbs, I binged on them." She now eats her favorite foods which are bread, cookie dough ice cream and Italian meals buts eats them in moderation, along with lots of salad.

Simpson says that parting with sugar has proven to be the most difficult task. "I try to stay away from sugars as much as I can, which is hard," she says. The pop star says that skipping out on her strenuous workout routine is not an option, even if shooting on The Dukes of Hazzard set runs late. "I basically work out two hours a day," she says. "Last night I finally got to go to the gym at ten o'clock... and I was on the treadmill for an hour."
Go to: www.shapefit.com for more celebrity secrets.

No comments: