Saturday, January 5, 2008

ASK Hungry-Girl.com



Dear HG,
I love soups. Do you think eating soup is a good idea? And what are some of your favorite packaged or canned soups? ~ Soup-lover

Dear Soup-lover,
I love soup too! A LOT!!! And I eat a TON of it. Not only does it taste good, but it fills you up as well. There are studies that actually show that people who eat soup regularly take in fewer calories overall than people who don't. Amazing! I have many different favorite soups, and I like them all for different reasons. In general, my favorite soups are made by Progresso. Those soup geniuses have some super low-fat and low-calorie soups (some are really decadent, like their 99% Fat Free New England Clam Chowder), and they also make the famous WW-endorsed 0 POINTS® value soups as well. Their Chicken Noodle Soup is fantastic, too. I'm not a huge tomato soup fan, but Amy's Organic Light in Sodium Chunky Tomato Bisque may be the best tomato-based soup I've ever tasted. I'm addicted to it (I love adding shrimp and clams to it!). Andersen's Split Pea soup ROCKS as well. These days, I find myself eating Mishima's Soybean and Potato All Natural Edamame Soup (only 50 calories per serving!) when I want a "just add water" soup from a packet. And by the way, so many brands have low-sodium soup lines (including Progresso and Amy's). But if you're super-concerned about sodium, you may want to make your own soups at home -- that way you can choose to leave out the salt and use low-sodium bro th (check out these HG soup recipes, each with a POINTS® value of 0* per serving!). Now I MUST go eat soup. Bye!
~ HG

No comments: