Ten Alternatives to a Nightcap
Are you sticking to the plan during the day but blowing your calorie count with a glass (or more) of alcohol each night? If so, try these alternatives to a nightcap from Fit Forever! members:
1. Go to bed earlier! You'll wake up feeling a lot better than if you'd stayed up drinking.
2. If you do have a drink, stick to just one. Otherwise, your willpower can take a plunge — and lead to late-night snacking.
3. Try a cup of hot tea instead. Go for a spicy, soothing variety and really savor it while you sip. There'll be no calories, but rather cancer-fighting antioxidants!
4. Drink a full glass of water before each alcoholic drink. You'll drink less alcohol, quench your thirst, and avoid a lot of calories.
5. Remember how crummy you feel in the morning after a few drinks! Thinking about that can stop you before you start!
6. Get a "busy hands" project going in the evening. Knit, needlepoint, scrapbook, or sort photographs. Your hands will be too busy to hold a drink!
7. If you can't resist it, don't keep alcohol in the house!
8. Brush your teeth after dinner. Mint and alcohol don't go well together!
9. Try to relax in other ways: Stretch, do a facial at home, take a bubble bath, write in your journal.
10. Take it one night at a time.
MEMBERS GET MORE! Find more motivation and healthy living strategies on Denise Austin's Fit Forever! Sign up today!
We all need to feel appreciated. So tell someone you love how much you treasure him or her today! A smile, a compliment, one kind sentence — those little things can make a person's day!