Saturday, May 22, 2010

Danielle's Daily Food & Fitness Journal


I'm in Albany, NY for the weekend. First time here, interesting. The girls had a game last night and put on a nice show. Shanise was a little nervous in the first half but, she came thru in the second with a few three-pointers, rebounds and assists. I'm sitting in my room chillen, waiting to go to her first game today. I hope to take a lot of photos today, since this is my girls last summer playing AAU basketball. Next year at this time she'll be preparing for college.

I was up at 6:00am this morning, Yikes! My body was craving an early morning workout. After spending an hour on the elliptical in the hotel gym, I headed to my room for some a weight-training circuit. Remember, just because you are away from home - doesn't mean you stop taking care of your body. (Especially if you are trying to lose weight)

This is what 2 pairs of dumbbells produced:

1. Lateral (bands) moving squats w/ front and lateral raises.
2. Hammer - bicep curl super set.
3. Triceps extensions.
4. Basic squat to shoulder press.
5. Dead lift to upright row.

* Do these exercises with 15 to 20 reps per exercise X 3 rotations and you will be feeling GREAT!

On another note, I cannot wait to watch the Celtics tonight. I will have to cut the dinner short to get back to the hotel lobby or my room. I'm not missing a play....

No comments: