Boost Your Own Confidence!
Make a conscious effort today to take note of your inner chatter so that you can decide whether it's helping you succeed in your exercise efforts — or holding you back. If your inner self-talk is negative, it's easy enough to fix; it just takes some practice!
Next time you're heading to the gym or deciding whether or not to go for a jog, take note of any negative messages you send yourself and replace them with a positive spin! Here are some ways you can change negative thinking:
- Instead of thinking "This won't work," think "I can make this work!"
- Instead of "It's a waste of time," think "It will be worth the extra effort!"
- Instead of "It's not going to make a difference," think "I'll never know unless I try!"
- Instead of "It hasn't worked before," think "I'll try again!"
- Instead of "I've already tried that," think "I can learn from my mistakes!"
- Instead of "I don't like that exercise" or "It sounds too difficult," think "I'm excited to try some new things!"
- Instead of "That was painful! Never again," think "Wow, I just got through some hard work, and next time it will be easier!"