Five Painless Ways to Cut 500 Calories!
- Downsize it! Order a small instead of a medium. Go for the smaller-sized tortilla instead of the large. Grab a smaller handful of nuts. All these little changes add up in big ways!
- Avoid the fat. Fat calories add up quickly, so cut them when you can. Buy tuna packed only in water. Skip the oil entirely if you're sautÃ©ing onions or mushrooms. Use for flavor instead of butter, margarine, or spreads. You won't even notice the difference!
- Don't clean your plate. Leave behind just a few bites from every meal. You'd be surprised how just a few bites of food can suddenly become hundreds of calories saved!
- Go for whole! Fruit and vegetable juices can be loaded with calories, especially if they contain sugar! Choose the whole fruit or vegetable instead. Not only will you save tons of calories but you'll get a lot of valuable fiber! Now, that's smart eating!
- Skip the extras. Dressings, croutons, cheese, mayo, : All these extras — even the low-fat varieties — can add up, even in small portions. Forget about them! You can do it!