On Monday, July 7, 2014, I will begin a new weight-loss adventure, in the hopes of regaining my previously, healthy physique. As a new mom over 40, my life and day to day routine have changed dramatically. Now it's time to get back to my BEST and leave all the excuses behind. Watch me and learn. As a bonus, you'll also get to follow the life of our BUG. (Isabella, who has a rare genetic disorder, Williams Syndrome)
Monday, January 18, 2010
By Sandy Braz
Even on your worst days, there are ways to keep a positive attitude about your health and fitness so you can stay on track with your fat loss goals.
Here are five easy ways to do it:
1. Lessen the stress: When you’re stressed, the hormone cortisol is released into your bloodstream, which can cause weight gain if it’s chronically released, especially in the abdomen and buttocks. Try this: Don’t let it get the best of you. Combat stress with a burst of tension. Get outside for a brisk walk, or run up and down the stairs a few times to get your blood flowing and clear your mind.
2. Stay focused on hydrating: Drinking water has a lipolytic effect, meaning it helps break down fat cells in your body. Staying hydrated will help keep your fat loss goals on track. Try this: Keep a bottle of water everywhere you’ll be today – the car, at the your desk, in the kitchen. Mother Nature’s fat-burning aid will always be within arm’s reach.
3. Afternoon nosh: Carrying the right snacks (not a sugar-laden cereal bar) will help you stay satiated longer and keep those afternoon hunger pangs at bay. Try this: Carry resealable bags filled with unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews). You’ll feel fuller longer and get a hit of healthy fats and protein.
4. The right surroundings: Experts say being around other people who are committed to fitness and clean eating can help keep your healthy attitude on track. Try this: Make a gym date with a friend or take a new fitness class to meet fellow fitness lovers who have the same goals you do.
5. Breakfast burn: Get in the clean-eating frame of mind and start the day off with an energy-packed breakfast. Studies show that skipping this important meal will bring on the hunger and cravings, keep you sluggish and likely cause you to reach for a quick carb fix by lunch and later in the day. Try this: Check out Oxygen’s online recipes for fast, easy breakfast ideas to help keep your metabolism soaring all day.