Even on your worst days, there are ways to keep a positive attitude about your health and fitness so you can stay on track with your fat loss goals.
Here are five easy ways to do it:
1. Lessen the stress: When you’re stressed, the hormone cortisol is released into your bloodstream, which can cause weight gain if it’s chronically released, especially in the abdomen and buttocks. Try this: Don’t let it get the best of you. Combat stress with a burst of tension. Get outside for a brisk walk, or run up and down the stairs a few times to get your blood flowing and clear your mind.
2. Stay focused on hydrating: Drinking water has a lipolytic effect, meaning it helps break down fat cells in your body. Staying hydrated will help keep your fat loss goals on track. Try this: Keep a bottle of water everywhere you’ll be today – the car, at the your desk, in the kitchen. Mother Nature’s fat-burning aid will always be within arm’s reach.
3. Afternoon nosh: Carrying the right snacks (not a sugar-laden cereal bar) will help you stay satiated longer and keep those afternoon hunger pangs at bay. Try this: Carry resealable bags filled with unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews). You’ll feel fuller longer and get a hit of healthy fats and protein.
4. The right surroundings: Experts say being around other people who are committed to fitness and clean eating can help keep your healthy attitude on track. Try this: Make a gym date with a friend or take a new fitness class to meet fellow fitness lovers who have the same goals you do.
5. Breakfast burn: Get in the clean-eating frame of mind and start the day off with an energy-packed breakfast. Studies show that skipping this important meal will bring on the hunger and cravings, keep you sluggish and likely cause you to reach for a quick carb fix by lunch and later in the day. Try this: Check out Oxygen’s online recipes for fast, easy breakfast ideas to help keep your metabolism soaring all day.