We often hear about how certain foods boost immunity, reduce the risk of cancer, or maybe help fight the battle of the bulge.
Well here is our list of the 13 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating, Part 1 (foods 1-7).
- Sardines. These tiny fish are super high in omega-3 fats and have virtually no mercury, like many other fish do. They’re also a great source of calcium and vitamin D! They’re sold year round in the can … add them to salads, mix them in pasta sauce, or use them in place of tuna fish.
- Swiss chard. This dark, green, leafy veggie is loaded with nutrients, called carotenoids, that help protect your eyes. It's also a great source of vitamin K and other nutrients. Saute some with garlic and a bit of olive oil, with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turmeric. This is the ultimate anti inflammatory spice. Add it to rice, veggie dishes, or even try it in scrambled eggs!
- Red cabbage. This cruciferous vegetable is loaded antioxidant polyphenols – particularly anthocyanins, which give red cabbage its color, and may be responsible protecting the brain from Alzheimer’s disease. It also has up to 8 times the vitamin C of green cabbage. Add shredded cabbage to wraps, salads, or find a mayo free recipe for coleslaw and give it a try!
- Cinnamon. Another powerful spice, just ½ tsp per day has been shown to lower LDL (the “bad” cholesterol) and triglycerides. It may also lower blood sugar in those with diabetes and is a powerful antioxidant – sprinkle some on oatmeal, in smoothies, on cottage cheese, or yogurt.
- Quinoa. This ancient grain boasts one of the highest protein contents of any grain, it’s high in fiber, and higher in many other minerals than most grains. It’s great as a breakfast cereal, mixed with some dried fruit and nuts, or use it as a substitute for rice in recipes.
- Broccoli. This cruciferous vegetable is particularly high in a nutrient called sulforaphane, which has cancer fighting properties. Mix broccoli into omelets, on salads, in stir fry or pasta sauce.
- Stay tuned for the remainder of this list — Foods 8-13 of the Best Foods You're Not Eating is coming tomorrow. http://www.Mohrresults.com/