Monday, August 27, 2007

How Jessica Biel Stays Fit


How Jessica Biel Stays Fit
This Hollywood starlet uses outdoor workouts to keep her body film-ready. Biel and her trainer share their exercise tips from exercise techniques to workout playlists.
By the Editors of FITNESS

Jessica Biel is about to be seen on the big screen in I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry with Adam Sandler. She's also about to start shooting Powder Blue -- where she plays a stripper -- so she is being "super strict with her diet" and "really sticking to her workout" regimen (as you would if you had to walk around in underwear on camera!).


How do you stay in such great shape?I work out like three times a week with a trainer (Jason Walsh). I also do yoga and I play volleyball in the summer. I walk my dogs all the time. I love to be outdoors.

Do you still play soccer?I haven't played on a team in such a long time but I'm considering joining a women's league with my old teammates from high school.


Do you avoid any food -- do you keep healthy?When I'm working or when I'm preparing to work I'm pretty dedicated and I'll keep a pretty healthy diet but not always. I defiantly have sweets and French fries.

What's on the iPod when you are working out? What tunes get you going?I work out to 50 Cent for some weird reason. I listen to "Get Rich or Die Trying" -- that pumps me up. What was I listening to the other day -- Nelly Furtado's new album -- that's a good one to work out to.

Keep mentally stimulated. "I'm a big advocate of recreational sports and stuff. If someone can get out there, even if it's a hike or something like that, just to break up the monotony of going to the gym...I really like that." Hard work is even better. According to Walsh, Biel's workouts are intense. "We do full body movements. You are pretty much using as many muscles at once, which in turn will jack that heart rate up." Food is not the enemy. If you're out and about as Walsh recommends, you need snacks and drinks to give you sustained energy. He suggests "really organic and clean foods, all natural, like nuts." Also, "an amino acid drink, so that you're not burning up a lot of your muscle, or protein."

Everything old is new again. Walsh loves to use medicine balls with his intermediate- to advanced-level clients. "Get a medicine ball and do a lunge with a twist while you are holding the ball. Those are great. You are activating so many muscles at once, and you are using those muscles over so many different planes."

DANIELLE'S COMMENTS: Just another little reminder ---- All of the celebrity trainers are functional training their clients. It's not rocket science - it's the best way to burn more calories, stimulate more muscle groups and ultimately get and say lean. What are you waiting for? If you don't know how? Hire me as your trainer or join one of my functional training classes in September or NOW!

No comments: