Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why I use a food journal.

My biggest pet peeve. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say, " I can't understand why I'm not losing weight." Well, for the same reason why we use a food journal to lose weight, we could also use it to see why we gain weight.


* Log absolutely every thing that you put into your mouth. This takes time. If you eat fast food it will be harder to track, but most fast food chains have the nutritional information available. You can't estimate when you use a food journal, you have to measure your servings and read the nutrition label.


* If you are a woman, try staying between 1200 - 1400 calories. Remember, it's not a serving unless you measure it out. Example: You drink a bottle of Vitamin water which has 50 calories per serving. The entire bottle is 2.5 servings. You have to multiple 50 X 2.5 = 125 calories. 


Follow the link to purchase my favorite food & exercise journal:
http://www.memoryminder.com/dietminder.asp



No comments: