Monday, March 1, 2010

The Early Bird Gets the Worm!

The Early Bird Gets the Worm: 3 Ways to Start Your Day RIghtIn these busy days before my trip to Columbus, Ohio for the2010 Arnold Sports Festival, I’ve been getting up a little earlier than usual. Rising earlier each day has allowed me some precious time for myself before the phone calls and emails start rolling in and the day picks up its pace.

Not everyone is an early riser, but that doesn’t mean you can’t train yourself to be. Start slowly by setting your alarm 10 minutes ahead of your regular wake up time. Allow your body to get used to it for a week before you set the clock further ahead. It may be hard, but it’ll be worth it. Here’s why:

Time for Yourself. In the hours before others in your house are awake, you’ll have undisturbed time to work on yourself. Enjoy a workout, make yourself a cup of coffee and read the paper, make a good breakfast for you and your family, or use the time to prepare your Clean meals for the day.

Ready for the World. I like to tackle small things in the morning like answering emails and sorting through my bills. It is refreshing to start the day feeling accomplished with a shortened list of to-dos. Taking care of these little tasks also allows me breathing room to deal with unexpected projects that might come up in the day.

Organize the Day. Between my family and career, I have a lot of tasks to accomplish each day. Having peaceful time in the morning to plan my day allows me to properly prioritize my jobs so I can be as effective as possible at tackling my to-do list without feeling flustered or rushed.

Trust me, an extra hour in the morning will make your life feel calmer, cooler and more collected.

Have a great week!

Tosca Reno

P.S. Do you like this newsletter? Share it with a friend or family member.

No comments: