Roasted Vegetable MedleyFresh, delicious produce — what could be more healthy or satisfying? Here is a flavorful medley of baked vegetables. Be good to yourself and enjoy!
PREP: 25 minutes BAKE: 35 minutes OVEN: 400F MAKES: 4 servings
1. 2 cups Brussels sprouts8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces (2 cups)
2. 2 cups cauliflower florets
3. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons dried herbs, crushed (such as rosemary, basil, and oregano)
4. 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
5. 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
7. 2 tablespoons water
8. 3 red, yellow, and/or green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
A. Halve any large Brussels sprouts. Place Brussels spouts, green beans, and cauliflower in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with desired herbs, kosher salt, and black pepper. Drizzle with oil and the water.
B. Cover with foil. Bake in a 4000 oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil; stir in bell peppers. Bake uncovered for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 129 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 152 mg sodium, 15 g carbo., 7 g fiber, 5 g pro.
SPECIAL OFFER! Want more recipes like this one? The Sonoma Diet Cookbook features 200 delicious new ways to enjoy the flavors of The Sonoma Diet. Order it now for just $9.95!